14 June 2006

Symbiosis

1. Biology A close, prolonged association between two or more different organisms of different species that may, but does not necessarily, benefit each member.
2. A relationship of mutual benefit or dependence.
(The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language: Fourth Edition. 2000.)
We have been getting hot and spicy trail mix from the bulk bins at the grocery store. It has sesame sticks, wasabi peas, funky little orange colored curve thingies, seasoned nuts, and *gasp* raisins. Please, do not get me started on the evil nature of raisins and their imminent world domination plans. Suffice to say: Ick!

Anyway, the first time we bought some, I worked my way around the raisins, hoping that Kitty Daddy wouldn't notice that the raisin to other stuff ratio was increasing. However, Bug was in the kitchen during one grazing episode and, lo and behold, he tasted the different components and proceeded to eat ONLY the raisins. That's my boy! Now I bring the bag out on the couch between us at snack time and we go to town together!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

WORLD DOMINATION??!! Oh, come on, now, if there is a world-domination, evil-nature thing going on, I think it would have to be with olives! But then, I have a best friend who thinks strawberries are awful. Now, that one I simply can't understand. If I were to rate my favorite single-ingredient foods (as opposed to multiple-ingredient foods like cookies and doughnuts) on a scale of, say, 1 to 100, strawberries would be in the top 10, raisins probably in the mid to high 20s, and olives right at 100. It's all a matter of taste, I guess. And it is nice sometimes that we don't all like the same things. That way, when we have pizza, I get all the mushrooms, and Dad gets all the olives! As you said, it's symbiosis.