12 June 2006

Eye Hairdo

Last Friday, Bug rediscovered a little chicken that we picked up at the dollar spot at Target a while ago. The conversation went something like this:

Bug: What dis?
Me: It's a little chicken.
Bug: What lillah chicken do?
Me: He says "peep, peep"
(not so brief interlude for much peeping)
Bug: What his name?
Me: I don't know. He doesn't have a name. What would you like to call him?
Bug: Eye Hairdo!
Me: Oh, why is that?
Bug: Because he have two eyes
and one hairdo .
Of course! Why didn't I figure that out! Then, yesterday, when I was getting Bug settled into his car seat after supper, ready to finish the trip home and we had the following conversation:
Me: Here's your race car. Here's your blanket. Here's Eye Hairball. Oops, I mean Eye Hairdo. Goofy mommy! Eye Hairball is a silly name, not a sensible name like Eye Hairdo.
Bug (agreeing): Eye Hairdo sensible name (you need to imagine 3-year-old pronunciation, intonation, and lisp, as well as the completely earnest delivery, to appreciate the humor here).
As we continued our ride, Bug was talking to his little chicken and I keep hearing "Eye Hairdo" and "Eye Hairball." He decided that Eye Hairball is Eye Hairdo's mommy.

Conversation number three was this afternoon. I printed out a copy of Eye Hairdo's picture for him and his little chicken was admiring it too and we were talking about it when...
Bug (resignedly): Eye Hairdo only have one butt.
Me: Oh? Would he rather have two?
Bug (looking at me with an are-you-insane look): No. He want three butts like a cow.
I'm still scratching my head over that one. I guess it just has to be chalked up to you can never guess what will come out of a three-year-old mouth.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, to be able to get into the mind of a three-year-old. There might be something logical there, but who's to know for sure!

Glad to hear you had a good road trip and fun swimming.

Jenni said...

Jen, I am LOL over Bug's comments! I can totally see that coming out of one of my girls' too!!

Have a great day with B&B and Eye Hairdo!

Jenni
P.S. IF you were still in IC, I'd be at your playgroup!