29 June 2006

It's done, but may never be over...

Well, we finally sold our house. The closing was last night, but we had signed our part when we went back to move the piano. They have been finding "problems" with the appliances, so who knows if we will ever be done completely.

Even though this is the house both my babies came home to, after a year plus of trying to sell it and then selling for less than we owed and then problem after problem, I can't even muster up an nostalgia for the stupid thing. All I can say is . I am hugely relieved that the worst of it should be over and the waiting and uncertainty are done. I am hoping that now that we have only one household, we can move into our new apartment in August and get a fresh start and repair our finances.

So, old house...Buh-bye.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Come to think of it, both of my babies came home to apartments, and those former abodes don't hold the least bit of sentimental value for me. The only sentimental value I have for this former home of yours centers around the shed and decks. I think the things you put a lot of work into and do yourself assume more value than things you just "buy," at least, that seems to be the case for your dad and me.

Kitty Mommy said...

Let me just add that it has been our experience that everyone in the mobile home business seems to be amoral slugs.

So there!

Anonymous said...

Yes, I think your experiences thus far support that characterization.