08 January 2007

Yeah, I'm still here...

The post-travel/post-company blog lull is apparently fast becoming a tradition! See, I just can't cope when folks get me out of my nice, quiet, comfortable rut. That and the fact that it takes the kiddos several days to calm down again after excitement.

I have been working away on Bug's sweater. Once I set the possessed skein aside, progress was much better. However, I am kind of stuck on the neck right now. I got the neck finished and there is no way, no how that it will go over Bug's head. I have been fiddling with it, but I have a strong suspicion that the pattern is just scaled down from the adult version without regard for the difference in head/body proportion between adults and children. I have some ideas to try to fix the problem, but I'm letting it marinate for a little bit.

On Saturday, I got to spend my Christmas gift certificate from Kitty Daddy and the kidlings. I decided on plain ol' Cascade 220. This yarn is earmarked for felted slippers for the kids...two-tone blue for Bug and two-tone pink for Bean. I wound them using the umbrella swift and ball winder at the store. Both of those are on my some-day-when-I'm-stinkin'-filthy-rich list. For now, if I had the money, I'd rather spend it on yarn and, maybe, needles...

I still have a KnitPicks gift certificate to spend. I am adding stuff to my cart, taking stuff out, adding other stuff, and so on. Before I can finalize it, I need to sit down and make some decisions about projects I would like to start and do some math. But, dang, I'm having a lot of fun shopping in the mean-time!

Also, I finally got around to ordering some replacement cords for my Denise kit. I had broken two cords, and even though they are guaranteed and will be replaced if you send the broken parts in, what with multiple moves and baby chaos, I never quite got the broken cords and a packaging material in the same place at the same time, until finally, the broken cords just quit surfacing. So I bit the bullet and made an order. I also ordered an extra long cord that I had been thinking about for a while. Then, just days after getting the order in, what happens? I break another cord working on Bug's sweater! This time, I swear I'm going to get it sent in! These babies have been my needle work-horses for nearly two years. I am planning to start getting some KnitPicks options needles to supplement them, but by no means replace them!

ETA: Okay, it's 1:18 pm and I got off my butt and packaged up my broken cord. Now I just need to get the darn thing to the PO. Life would be so much easier if you could send stuff like this via email!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

What pretty slipper colors! Lucky kiddos...

I've had a sweater or two myself (machine-made, though, not hand-knit) that had a small neck hole. It just about takes your nose off every time you put it on or, especially, take it off. I can't see a four-year-old standing for such torture, if, indeed, you can even get it on the first time. Good luck with the fix.