24 January 2007

Such a pretty girl!

Miss Mollie is the proud owner of a brand spanking new sweater! She is even showing her Hawkeye pride!

Specifications
Yarn: The gold is Cascade 220 and the black is some combination of Cascade 220 and Wool of the Andes. I was using leftovers that were unlabeled so I'm not sure
Needles: Denise Interchangeables size 7 (size 5 for ribbing) and DPNs in those two sizes for the sleeves.
Pattern: Esther Bozak's Original Custom-Fit Dog Sweater with alternate sleeve #2.
Verdict: I am quite pleased with how this turned out. I really liked the custom-fit pattern as Miss Mollie is rather oddly proportioned relative to standard dog clothes. If I were to do another, I think I would shorten the neck-to-underarm and put that length back after the sleeves. But I'm pretty sure that this resulted from my measuring, not the pattern or instructions.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did anyone tell Miss Mollie that she should be very happy that she's the proud owner of a custom-knit sweater in her family's favorite team colors? I was expecting to see a big smile on her face...or at the very least, her ears in an upright and forward position!

The sweater looks like it's a very good fit.