11 August 2006

Ouch!


After going more than 37 years without being stung by a bee, wasp, yellow jacket, etc., I have now been stung THREE times in less than a week. I got stung twice more this morning trying to take the diapers off the clothesline. The diapers are staying out there! The problems was that the kids wanted to come out on the deck with me and I was trying to get them back indoors without getting stung. I'm not sure exactly what they are, but I would guess one of the guys above. I learned that wasp is a general term for a group of stinging critters and the top picture is a hornet (also called a yellow jacket if the yellow color dominates) and the lower picture is a paper wasp. My guess would be paper wasp, but I sure as HECK am not going to try and take a closer look.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, so this is the second comment I've left. The first one didn't take, and now, of course, I can't remember what it was I said.
Just hoping your stings are starting to feel better. It seems odd that you could go 37 years without a single bite of this kind...then get three in just a few days. Let's hope these critters of yours will get a little pain of their own very soon!