22 August 2006

Do ya dig it?

Both yesterday morning and again this morning, we went to play in the sand at "Keys Park." They have a big double court for sand volleyball. I'm sure that it gets traffic on weekends and evenings, but I have never seen anyone there during the day when we are at the park.

Of course, all littles adore digging and playing in the sand...or in the case of Bean, eating sand (we have dubbed her pica girl...loves dirt and sand!). The best thing for a mommy though is that the sand is in the middle of a big field, so I can sit on the grass with a bottle of water and a book or my knitting and still keep both kidlets in full view. In the play areas, I usually follow Bean around, just to make sure she doesn't get in over her depth and I try to get a visual of Bug every few minutes too, which can be challenging with slides and tunnels and other exciting play things.

When we are done, we load the sand toys up in a big, mesh laundry bag, give it a tumble and shake or two to get the sand out, and head home!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to use the old noggin...with just a little ingenuity, you can bring new life to volleyball court! It would appear that Bean is eating up a big scooperful of sand at the moment the picture was taken, right? Nothing like a little roughage to keep the old colon swept out!

Kitty Mommy said...

That's exactly what she was doing, though I didn't realize it until after I took the picture and she put the spoon down and her face was COVERED in sand!