03 August 2006

Happy Birthday to Me!

Today I got the best birthday present a Leo could hope for: a cold front! It is early afternoon and only 81 degrees! AND, the forecast for tonight starts with a 5!! Okay, 59, but still, it's August in the Midwest.

We started the morning with a free birthday Carmel Cooler from the 'Bou and then headed to the park to play for an hour. We have been cooped up inside, trying not to swelter, for too long and needed to run around. Afterwards, grocery shopping. Bug "helped" me pick out my birthday cake. My first choice: "No, one with marshmallow man (Pillsbury dough boy)," my second choice: "No, pink one," so we ended up with Pillsbury strawberry cake. Not a huge sacrifice in not getting to pick my own. I have never met a bad cake, so I'm easy to please. Besides, as Bug said after helping with the cake, "Cake is good for you and it makes your tummy proud." Couldn't have said it better myself.

We are going to frost and decorate after nap time. I am letting Bug and Bean take charge of the decorating, so I'll be sure to get some pictures of both product and process! And maybe the kitchen walls too...I'm guessing something like this. We'll see!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hippo birdies to you! I'm sure your cake will be delicious no matter how it's decorated, especially when two sweet little kids do the decorating. Sweet, sticky walls, floor, counters, etc., are another thing...

And your temps today sound like our temps have been (only with less humidity, I would guess).

Hope your special day is just that...special in every way!!