30 March 2007

That's Great-great!

I just found out that my grandma (my dad's mom), who has five grandchildren and five great-grandchildren (and one on the way) has now added a great-great-grandchild to the list! In spite of how young my kidlings are, it sounds wild, but I am a "mature" mama (one of my high school classmates is grandma to a little guy a couple of months younger than Bean. It's actually her step-daughter's baby, but her step-daughter is only a year older than her older daughter. Didja follow that? Don't sweat it, it's parenthetical...) and my oldest cousin is ten years older than I am and had her family in her twenties, so it's not like it's generations of babies having babies or anything. Besides, Grandma is hardly a spring chicken at 92 years of age...she has indeed earned the title of great-great-grandmother!

The chili lunch at Kitty Daddy's office was very yummy. And the Ho? Oh for the love of all things woolly, heavenly!!! And it turns out that Ho for breakfast wasn't an issue. In my defense, we shared with KD's coworkers and there were admiring kidlings who wanted seconds (and thirds). Let's see, whose birthday is next? Would it be wrong of me to make one for my mom's birthday on Sunday? Does it make a difference that she lives about 2000 miles away?

4 comments:

Ms. Knitingale said...

Sadly, I can't keep track of the complicated relationships in my own family so I admit that I didnt' follow ALL of that...but congratulations to Great Great Grandma just the same!
Mr. K was delighted by the modifications you made to the ho, and would like me to make him one like that, forthwith! Gee, twist my arm....

knottykitty said...

Congrats to great-great-gran! My own Nana was only 35 when I was born. She is now almost 88 and has great-grands in their early 20's already! They are both single and in college, so I think there won't be great-greats any time soon...:)

deb

Anonymous said...

Let's see, if you make one for Mom's birthday on Sunday, and one for Dad's birthday three+ weeks later, and a third for brother's birthday the very next day after Dad's, you could try a gr8 variety of different candy bars...but make mine Heath!

It's was indeed a gr8 day yesterday; in fact, it was a gr8-gr9 day!

Anonymous said...

Whoops...that was a typo. I meant gr8-gr8 day...unless a gr8-gr9 is one better?