25 March 2007

Finished Objects

Okay, so I'm totally cheating on this picture. This is the same picture of the first one that I already posted, but, you know what? The second one looks almost precisely like the first and I finished these about three weeks ago and have been wearing them and I think they are in the laundry pile right now and I want to get these posted as a FO and just move on.

Specifications
Yarn: Regia Sock Yarn
Needles: KnitPicks circular needles, size 1
Pattern: Basic sock on the fly. The leg and instep is k3p1 rib. The sole is stockinette and the heel is an afterthought heel (or peasant heel) so the stripes stay symmetrical.
Verdict: I have done a basic heel flap, a short row heel, and this kind of peasant heel with self striping yarn and this is the one that makes me happy! My favorite heel in general is short row, but not with self-striping yarn.

Instant gratification project:


Specifications
Yarn: Paton's Soy Wool Stripes
Needles: KnitPicks options needles, size 5 and 7; Addi Turbo circular size 2 (I didn't have a size 3 circular!)
Pattern: Curly Purly Free Soaker with rolled cuffs
Verdict: Love, love, love the yarn...very soft and fuzzy and I love the colors and subtle changes! I also like the pleated waist in the pattern, though we will have to see how it works on an actual hiney! This one is newborn, and even though my gage was a little tighter than the pattern specified, it is stretchy enough that it stretches to the dimension in the pattern. I will probably make the next one size small. Unless the wee one comes early, I'm not expecting newborn to fit for very long (Bean was about 9½ lbs, Bug was smaller, but nearly a month early!)

0 comments: