02 January 2008

FO: Medieval Treasure

Specifications
Yarn: Lion Brand Lion Suede (Ebony)
Needles: Denise Interchangeables, Size 9 (I think)
Pattern: Winged it (Wung it?). It went something like this:
CO 48 st Join in the round.
Round 1-3: * K1P1; repeat from *
Round 4: Knit
Round 5: * K2, yo, ssk; repeat from *
Round 6 to running short on yarn: Knit
Decrease K6, K2tog first round, K5, K2tog for second round, etc. until out of yarn. Run tail through remaining stitches and pull tight.
Verdict: Meh. But good for using up spare yarn from Knight's armor.

Specifications
Yarn: Lion Brand Glitterspun (Silver, Gold)
Hook: Boye, Size G
Pattern: Crocheted disk from here.
Verdict: Crochet is still not my forte, but after finding this in Ravelry, I figured I had better get over my crochet block. Even though the pattern calls for single crochet, some of them are a completely made-up stitch that vaguely resembles a half double. I'm calling this a FO even though I still have lots of silver and gold yarn and will probably continue to turn out the odd coin or two as the urge hits.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooh, ooh, ooh...nifty way to use up the gold and silver yarn. How about a "medallion" to hand around the brave knight's neck when he wins in battle? (hopefully, not in battle with his little sister)...but perhaps anything that might go around the neck would be a no-no at your house.