14 February 2007

Potty Humor

The Potty Learning battle continues and I am delighted to say that after digging in his heels and refusing for so long, Bug is well on the way to saying "Bye-bye" to diapers. In less than a week, we have gone from his previous resistant state to almost there. Bug has been able to keep his pants dry all day and has even had a couple of naps in underpants without incident! We aren't quite ready for overnight, but getting close there too. This morning, his diaper was just a little wet (compared to the typically sodden overnight diapers) and he took it off and peed first thing! He is currently getting a sticker to put on a chart every time he pees in the potty and when the chart is full (35 stickers), we are going shopping for some Star Wars underpants. Very exciting stuff!

Turning to the promised humor, my sister-in-law is also working on the whole potty things with four-year-old D. According to my mother-in-law, one morning, D woke up and pronounced with some alarm, "Someone peed in my pants!" All I can say is that I hope it was someone he knows. If this is not the most hilarious thing ever, I apologize. Maybe if you aren't living in the potty chair, it isn't nearly so funny, but I just about fell over laughing when I first heard it and still get the giggles when I think about it.

On a non-potty note: Happy Valentine's Day!!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Valentine's Day to all of you, too.

Tell Bug we're VERY proud of his potty progress! Well be waiting to hear that he's earned Star Wars underpants.

LOL regarding potty humor. Once again, "kids say the darndest thing..."