13 December 2007

Another FO

Specifications
Yarn: Blue Sky Organic Cotton, Bernat CottonTots for Trim
Needles: Denise Interchangeables, size 7
Pattern: Easy Knit-from-the-Top-Down Hat from Knitting for Dummies
Verdict: I have made quite a few of these hats and love the pattern, but this one turned out too big (I couldn't find good numbers for the size of a newborn head). I actually had the knitting done before I went into labor, but didn't have the ends woven in. I took it with me to the hospital with ends dangling, but discovered it was huge on him. The picture above is a recent one and it's still pretty big. I made it to match the Baby Kimono, but he had grown out of that by the time this fit! Oh well, live and learn! At least he can wear it as a winter hat.

In other knitting news, I really would like to get my shawl finished by the end of the year, since in January, I am planning on taking part in the Secret of the Stole II. The swatching instructions are out, but I don't have yarn yet. I am planning on getting a couple of skeins of KnitPicks Bare lace-weight. I have always like natural yarn colors and if I decide that another color would work better after the theme is revealed, I can alway dye it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cutie...both the hat and the beebs, but especially the beebs. He looks just like a little winterberry (only white berry I can think of right now) fresh plucked from the bush (because of the little "berry stem" on his hat)! ;o)

knottykitty said...

Cute beeb-in-a-hat! :)

That is a great idea to do the SOTS-ii in natural color and then maybe dye it later! You are so clever! I'm going to try to do it, too, but I'm not sure I'll make it through---depends on how fast those sections get released!:o

Marianne said...

I joined that also... I'm just hoping life gets a bit more quiet by then :^)
Beebs... cuuuuute!