08 December 2007

Oink, I say, oink!

Last night I finally made it to the Sow's Ear late night knit. Although it was an all-nighter this time, I only made it 11:30 or so. While I knit, the Beeb flirted and worked the room. As near as I could tell, he charmed all comers! I think it qualified as a "mom's night out" as the only kid with me can't move and can't talk back talk.

Although I have enough projects to keep me more than busy, I took advantage of my (mostly) kidless state to cast on a new project. I started the chain mail armor in New Knits on the Block. I am trying to do this for Bug for Christmas. Although I got a good start on it, I'm not sure I have enough Bug-free knitting time to keep it a complete surprise. The fact that I was starting to make mistakes on [yo, k2tog] was my cue that I had exited my productive knitting hours and entered my productive sleeping hours.

One especially fun part of knit night was getting to meet some of the local knit-bloggers that I read, including Molly Bee, Chocolate Sheep, and Dale-Harriet (and Lovely Daughter with whom Beeb flirted shamelessly!).

3 comments:

knottykitty said...

That cute little Beeb, char-min the la-dies already! :)

Marianne said...

HEH, just loves me a shameless flirtin' baby boy! :^)

Glad you got an evening out, it sounded like fun and hey, I'm very impressed you made it to 11:30!

Anonymous said...

Oooh, how wonderful...not only a night out, but a night out with a "charmer," aka "eye candy" on your arm (er..in your arms), too.