22 December 2007

Getting there...

I finished knitting and seaming Bug's knight outfit at the Sow's Ear Knit Night last night. I would have completely finished, but I didn't have anything the right size to wrap yarn around to make the sash fringe, so I went and hid for a while this morning and finished that, so the outfit is completely done! I'm going to wait for a FO post about it until I have a picture of Bug wearing it.

Knit Night was very quiet as we have been completely socked in with fog for two days now (all day yesterday and all day today). As I was driving to Verona, I felt like I should roll down my window and stick my arm out so I could feel my way along the road. The visibility has consistently been THAT bad! Fortunately, for running errands and going to the library, it wasn't quite as foggy. Unfortunately, all the completely insane pre-Christmas crazies made up for it! While we were out and about, we had about a half a dozen near misses of being hit by other cars. Made for a cranky mama by the time we got home!

I finished my last batch of cookies this morning, so things can quiet down in that regard, too. We just have to deliver a couple more bags of cookies. I sent Kitty Daddy to the grocery store for Christmas dinner parts and regular shopping, as I could not bear the thought of being out among the last-minute crunch insanity! He doesn't get nearly as uptight with crowds and crazies as I do!

One last thing...family lore has it that when I was wee, I called a music box a "mew-git box." This morning Miss Bean brought me a Christmas music box and asked me to make it play "mew-git." Must be genetic. :D

2 comments:

Marianne said...

Yikes! Fog that thick gives me the creeps, having to drive in it anyway...
I'm glad you got to avoid the grocery store... :^)

A very Merry to you and yours. :^)

Anonymous said...

Good for you...it sounds like in the Christmas race, you got to the finish line first. Nice to have a day to unwind and enjoy the passing of the Winter Solstice.

Speaking of fog, we just got back from a trip to Salem, and we encountered fog on the way home. Actually, in some places, it was more like driving through clouds on the road...not all that consistent, but in and out of the mist.

Awwww...I need to hear Miss Bean say "mew-git"...that will take me back more than a few years...