22 February 2008

TGIF!

Recently, it seems as if Friday is the beginning of the week instead of the end of the week! I guess since I have a 7 day a week job, it can start and end on any day I please! Anyway, today the next hint for the stole comes out, I summarize my week in spinning, and my three busiest days start: Library day and two days with Kitty Daddy home!

First the spinning update. This week was all alpaca again, but I finished the singles, wound the second single on a toilet paper roll bobbin and started to ply. I have about a third of the alpaca plied and it seems like it is taking forever. Of course, I started out with 6 ounces of alpaca and am doing the whole thing in one swell-foop. Before this, I have never plied more than 1-2 ounces at a time and the one exception was my very first yarn, which was almost four ounces, but super-duper bulky, so the plying went pretty quickly. The alpaca is spun pretty fine, so there are miles of it! I should be done plying and have the stats for the skein next week!

Spin My Spindle
15 Feb to 21 Feb 2008

Activity: SpinningWinding
Plying
Fiber: Alpaca Alpaca
Alpaca
Spindle: Ashford Ashford Ashford
Amount: 23 grams
78 grams
54 grams

This is the first time I have plied with bobbins. Before I have done two ply by joining the ends and plying until the middle of the single or have done three ply using Navaho plying. So here is my fancy set up in lieu of a lazy kate:

100_0936

If you click on the picture, it takes you to flickr, where the picture parts are labeled. Hover the mouse over the picture to see the label boxes and hover over the boxes to see the labels.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You certainly seem to be putting your engineering know-how to work by building your own specialized equipment (i.e., "fancy set-up") out of everyday household items. Perhaps you can call your set-up called a Lazy KittyMommy??

Marianne said...

Clever, clever!... and I like that, Lazy KittyMommy!

Molly Bee said...

I don't know how you get it all done! You're Superwoman!