05 February 2008

Clue Three in the bag

I finished the last couple of rows of the third clue this morning. The pattern is just lovely and I am enjoying knitting it so much!

Friday night was Knit Night at the Sow's Ear. I took the stole with me and got almost through half of the third clue. Quite a few people commented on it and I found out just how difficult it is to explain a mystery knitalong to someone who had never heard of one! Progress slowed down considerably over the weekend though. Lots of piddley stuff (like groceries) kept me buzzing around most of the day Saturday, so we could be prepared to have our traditional family Super Bowl party. For several years now, we put together several kinds of appetizers and munchy stuff midafternoon and pick at it over the rest of the day. This year we made baked spinach dip with chips and lots of veggies, sausage bites in the crock pot, and wings. Yum!

5 comments:

Marianne said...

Wow.... that is beyond lovely... no kidding, so very pretty! How do you manage to knit lace at a knitnight? I find it hard to have a mindless knit with me and actually work on it! We tend to gab and fondle everyone else's projects, heh.
Mmmmm, munchy foods... :^)

knottykitty said...

Your SotS looks fab! I really like it in the white, even though I know you are going to dye it. I gave up---sick of tinking and frogging! My yarn is now tucked away to be used on another lace project later...

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! And I'd be one of those people who would be difficult to explain a mystery knitalong to (darn, there's that preposition sticking out on the end again!). At any rate, keep up the good work...how many clues to go yet?

denise said...

Your recent project looks so amazing! So intricate -- amazing you can do that type of detail with little people in the house! :)

Molly Bee said...

OMGosh! That is coming out so gorgeous! I don't know how you could work on it at knit night. I had to pull my sinple sock out 4 times!