11 February 2008

More stole...

I am still completely taken by the Secret of the Stole. This week's clue included a lovely little plot twist...a touch of asymmetry:

It looks as though the center section will be a bit wider. I can't wait to see what other tricks DK has up her sleeve. By the way, I seem to be outgrowing my bulletin board that I am using to take pictures! With the increase in width, I have to pin it up in "landscape mode," so the length no longer fits.

I have been asked a number of times how I can possibly find time to knit while chasing three crazy kiddos. Here is one way:

We manage (at times) to integrate knitting and playing. Yesterday, while Beeb was taking a siesta, we wound up with a lovely game of restaurant. I sat at the kitchen table, while my waiter and waitress brought me gourmet meals and drinks prepared by one or both little chefs. As long as I was willing to pause regularly and sample the food, follow direction (dip here!) and heap lavish praise on the quality of the cuisine and service, I was (otherwise) free to knit away. They've seen me knit in public, so neither one of them batted an eye at the idea of me knitting at their restaurant.

As much as I am enjoying the stole, I will be glad when we are done, as I seem to be almost stalled out on a number of WIPs that are quite close to finished. By the time I get through my stole clue and get some spinning done for the week, it doesn't leave much time for other knitting! I have been plugging away a bit on them, but, boy, is progress SLOW! Plus, with Beeb threatening to get mobile, what little knitting time I have may see some sharp reductions!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It appears that you had quite a gourmet feast...and at a fancy restaurant, too! Just be careful about getting food stains on the lovely stole you're knitting... ;o)

Molly Bee said...

Start knitting some restraints! Once Beeb is mobile you're toast! Speaking of toast...(I am the queen of the segue)playing restaurant with the kids is INSPIRED! What fun!

Cate said...

I've used the restaurant game to get knitting done too... it's great!

Marianne said...

How cute! at first glance I thought that was REAL food and thought 'holy crap!'... on second glance realized it was play food...(wasn't it?)... whew!
A mobile Beebster.... HAHAHAHAHAHAH, sure, sweetheart, knit on! :^)
no seriously... I feel for you on the knitting front what's coming up... I'm also thinking Bug and Bean will having fun 'herding' him though, eh?

YarnThrower said...

Wow, a break for "lunch" and knitting! How great is that?!! Your stole is looking really nice...