01 November 2007

Happy Halloween

We had a lovely Halloween! While looking through my blog subscriptions, I found these (recipe here) and just had to try them myself! I think they turned out ghoulishly good!

For trick-or-treating, we had a fairy princess (who decided that she needed her Iowa Hawkeyes football jersey under her costume instead of the pinkish turtleneck that we wore to the zoo. So, more accurately, she was a football fairy princess. The wee one was a tiny lion and the trio was rounded out by Spiderman, who refused to wear his mask or have the neck velcro fastened.

A couple of detail views...the cute little tail on the lion cub:

And the football fairy princess's pigtails, which lasted about two minutes before she pulled the elastics out. Earlier entries in the pigtail history are right here.

Since we had trick-or-treating at the zoo a week and a half ago, we decided to do "quality" trick-or-treating rather than "quantity" trick-or-treating. Our apartment complex has a fairly high turnover rate, so we don't know many of our neighbors, so the kids and I hopped into the car and drove to trick-or-treat at a couple of friends' houses. I think it was more fun going somewhere that got "oohs" and "aahs" for the kids costumes and a chance for momma to chat with grownups. We even got invited in for a piece of yummy pumpkin pie, though Bug wondered aloud why the other trick-or-treaters didn't get to come in for pie!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, the HIGH-light of my day. Loved the pictures of all three: Baby lion (who looks more like a lamb, according to a friend I emailed the picture to), football fairy princess, and maskless Spiderman. Quality trick-or-treating is so much better than quantity for several reasons, but pumpkin pie trumps them all!

The severed fingers turned out excellent...look very realistic. I'm sure the littles were enthralled...or may repulsed would be an even better compliment ;o)

Tell Bean I like her ponytails, even though they probably pull...fun to see the evolution of them again, too.

Marianne said...

I just love it... football fairy princess, maskless Spiderman, and little Lion Beebs...
dude... those 'fingers'... ewwwww, I'm bettin' the kids really loved them too... heh.
Bug... such a thoughtful little guy.... mmm pumpkin pie, I really need some pumpkin pie.

Molly Bee said...

Your fingers came out great! Did you giggle as much as I did when I made mine. They totally grossed out my coworkers and they are scientists!