31 October 2007

Bulky Butttock Muscles: Part II

I have been hoarding this particular little anecdote for a while now. First, I needed the visual aid and by the time I had that, I had read about the contest on JenLa (click button below for details) and decided that these two things dove-tailed nicely*.

Regular readers may remember us coming across the phrase "bulky buttock muscles" while reading about the body and the giggle fits it caused for the Bug. Well fast-forward to early September and the arrival of the wee Beeb. While we were still in the hospital, I was getting ready to change a wee diaper and Bug came over to see the action. Before I got down through the layers to bare baby, out of the blue, Bug asks, "Does Baby Brother have bulky buttock muscles?" I chuckled while finishing with the denuding of the baby bum and told him to see for himself. Bug studied the minute hiney for a few seconds before announcing, "Nope, not bulky. They're baby buttock muscles."

These are said "baby buttock muscles" about a month later. While the skinny little butt (compared to the rest of the body) is obvious, the scale isn't, but take my word for it, even with a humongous cloth diaper on it, Beeb's sweet little butt fits comfortably in my hand.

And, as an AWW bonus, a reprise of a picture from last spring:

I am still wondering what happened to the "A."

*Edited to add: Due to a bit of controversy accusing JenLa of malicious intent for using a phrase that I have seen on several sites other than the person who started it, they have withdrawn the contest. I am pulling the button and link and the abbreviation of the offending phrase, but will leave the post since the world needs more cute baby butts.

3 comments:

knottykitty said...

Cute beeb butt! Hope you're saving that one for a later parent-embarrassing-child-on-date moment!

As for the missing "A"--maybe an over-worked woman was busy branding the poor little creature, along with all of her other chores, and her husband wandered up and asked, "Where's dinner?" Perhaps she then chased him all over the yard with that "A" to use it on him! You know, sort of a husband version of a scarlett letter...

Marianne said...

What a classic shot! and yes, an adorable bitty bum on Beebs...
I love your kids, they're so funny!)

Anonymous said...

I'm back to the world of the living (sort of), so of course, the first place I had to go was here.

Such a cute little bottom, complete with tiny baby buttock muscles...

Happy Halloween!