11 October 2006

Ball Band Dishcloth

Fine, I confess. I stepped out on my current knitting projects last weekend and made myself a Ball Band Dishcloth from Mason-Dixon Knitting. I checked the book out from the library after waiting for my hold to come up since the end of July! In anticipation of climbing up the hold list, I bought some cotton yarn and finally got to use it. It was a very quick knit and I'm thrilled with how it came out. I'm afraid that MDK has been added to my list of must acquire knitting books.

This dishcloth used pink and pink/yellow/orange verigated. The border/slipped stitch color takes about a half of an ounce of yarn and the block color takes about an ounce. So that means there is about 2 oz. of the pink left, and about 1.5 oz. of the verigated. I also have a full ball (2.5 oz.) of orange, as well as three others in green, turquoise, and verigated green/turquoise/yellow, so there are more dishcloths in the future!

0 comments: