12 January 2009

First FOs of 2009

So, for several months now, when I tuck Bug into bed, I have to tell him "Good night, sleep tight, don't let the bed octopuses bite." Then I have to spell octopuses. I can't even remember how it got started, but I do know that for almost as long as we have been doing it, he has been begging for me to knit an octopus. I had been considering a Socktopus, but just wasn't getting around to it. I just wasn't feeling the love for a somewhat involved project. I really wanted something get-in-get-out-get-on-with-it. Anyway, I had been wanting to try some Amigurumi, but hadn't dipped my toes in. I can crochet, but it tends to involve a fairly colorful array of four-letter words. I decided that this might be a good time to try. Introducing Bug's Bed Octopus:

100_1786

And little sisters being little sisters, her tuck-in included "Good night, sleep tight, don't let the bed hippopotamuses bite." So an amigurumi hippo for her:

100_1788

And finally, as I was on a roll and didn't want anyone feeling left out (though there are currently no turtles in his bedtime ritual), I made a Turkel for Beeb:

100_1795

Although knitting is still, by far, my drug of choice, I am happy to report that I am now crocheting with somewhat fewer curse words. There may be more amigurumi in my future. Wouldn't Kitty Daddy just be completely taken by these?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How cute! I'll bet the littles all love their little crocheted good-night-sleep-tight Amigurumis. The Star Wars group are adorable, too, but once you've made a set for Kitty Daddy, I'll bet there will be at least one someone else wanting a set, too...ya think?

Anonymous said...

That stuff is awfully cute. I don't think I crochet well enough to handle them, yet!

You did great!