27 January 2009

Department of the Obscure...

So, today I watched The Price Is Right (probably for the first time in at least a decade). Why? Well, here's the obscure part: One of the contestants is a woman who went to/on the show with some family members for her 40th birthday. Approximately 38.5 years ago, said woman (then toddler) came to my first birthday party. I bit her.

It was kind of a kick. I totally recognized her mom when they panned the audience at the beginning. When they called her name to "Come On Down" I felt (temporarily) vindicated in having bit her, until I realized that it was actually her (younger) sister-in-law. When I finally figured out which audience member I had bitten, I felt more contrite, but out of principle, I have to stand by my early aggression. I totally out-guessed her sister-in-law in the game, but the jumping around and kissing the host crap? I don't car how big the prize is. You couldn't pay me to do it. Her SIL won a pool table and didn't make it into the showdown, but their group was just a few rows behind the contestants, so it was easy to get a good look.

I pointed out the people I knew to Bug and Bean (Beeb didn't much care) and Bug wanted to know where (on her) I bit. Cheek? Arm? Shoulder? Namma, care to enlighten?

Oh, and maybe someday I'll tell y'all about the girl I beat up and terrorized at a playdate. Don't mess with the KittyMommy, I tell ya...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You bit her on the cheek...didn't you notice the scar on her face?...just kidding. I don't remember which cheek, but I do remember apologizing profusely to her mom when her little daughter started screaming and crying from the pain. You were about the same height (tiny toddlers), so I guess her cheek was the easiest place for you to reach. Even though you bit down pretty good, there was no break in the skin and no blood...whew! But then, after all, it was YOUR birthday party, right? ("It's my party, I can bite [sic] if I want to, bite if I want to, bite if I want to. You would bite too if it happened to you.") I was never sure what caused you to bite her; however, you were going through a biting stage at the time, and you seemed to think it was the way to deal with any number of issues. The good news was that you got over that stage fairly quickly. ;o)

Cindy G said...

Now Namma's got me laughing (It's my party...).
Apple doesn't fall far from the tree?

WV is "strompin" - sounds like something someone might do at one of those parties.

Elizabeth said...

I like a woman with a past. I knew you were my kind of gal.

Anonymous said...

Nom nom nom.

You should just tell people that "the devil ('s food cake) made you do it.

dale-harriet said...

It's the Primitive in you - I read somewhere once that we women maintain a level of "primitive" to protect our Beebs (and may I add, yesterday's picture is eye-wateringly cute)! I'll have to find some pictures of my dandelion-head grandson in his infancy, his DID stay up like that when dry.

Anonymous said...

Who pegged you for a biter? You never can tell with the quiet types.

What a cute story to share with your kids though. It might make them feel better to know that no one is perfect.

Molly Bee said...

You know, I never figured you for a biter. A stabber with a needler but not a biter so much.