09 January 2009

Catching Up III: The rest of Honkah

The rest of Honkah got caught up in the post-Christmas blur. We didn't have our traditional Christmas dinner (Swedish meatballs and lefse) on either Christmas Eve or Christmas Day, but used it for one of the days of Honkah instead. I already can't remember whether it was the 6th or 7th day. I know we did something for the other day to, but it also escapes me. However, the last day of Honkah was definitely too special to forget. Dale-Harriet invited us over for an evening of dreidel and latkes and general Honkah merriment. We even left with some of our own dreidels and a little "real" menorah that uses birthday candles! After demonstrating how to play dreidel to Daddy, we put them in with the holiday things for next year so we're ready next year!

See? This is while I need to blog in real time instead of playing catch-up. We did some very cool stuff for Hanukkah, but it all escapes my kid-addled brain...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about post-Christmas blur...and I can't even blame a kid-addled brain. I think my problem might be an age-addled brain? ;o)...that, and the fact that we finally celebrated Christmas and opened presents on January 3rd!

Molly Bee said...

Ummmm! Swedish meatballs and lefsa?!?! Where do I sign up!

Marianne said...

Such wonderful times abound in your family! Love the bags the kids made!

Cindy G said...

Yeah, I'd go for Swedish meatballs on any day, Honka, Xmas, unbirthday, you name it.

I bet the party at Dale-Harriets was a blast