29 May 2008

A Meme for Youyou

Rules:

  • Answer at least three of the questions. Yes, I know a few look time-consuming and there are several of them. That's why I only ask for three. See? I'm nice!
  • Post them and the rules on your blog, and please link back to me here. Pretty please?
  • Comment here telling me and the rest of our little party where you're at and link to yourself. That's all!
  • Oh yeah, don't forget to tag others!
What's the last book you read that you thought was really super, inspiring, you'd recommend it to most anyone?
I'm not sure if this is a cheat or not, since I have had it out from the library twice now and haven't finished it yet, but my answer is Animal, Vegetable, Miracle by Barbara Kingsolver. If it has to be one I have finished all the way, I would pick Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert. And yes, I only read books with titles comprised of three words, separated by commas (not really, but it kind of looks that way, doesn't it?)

What food totally grosses you out, you'd never be able to touch it? Ew. Gag. *hurl*
Pretty much anything that comes in the handy little bag 'o parts that comes inside the turkey cavity (or any of said parts from any other critter). Oh, and frogs' legs. I was brave and tried them and they do mostly taste like chicken, but, dude: Kermit!

Did you ever watch a scary movie that frightened you so much you were afraid of the dark afterward? I mean like you're lying in bed trying to sleep, but you have to pee, but you're scared to get up. It doesn't have to be recently; could be when you were a kid. So what movie was it?
Pretty much anything scary will do that to me, so I mostly avoid scary movies. I have always had an over-active imagination and can be kept up at night after reading a scary book, though I am getting better.

Is there a song that makes you dance every time you hear it? Would you tap you feet and sing along to it in public?
Pretty much anything in the '80s alternative/punk/new wave genre. Radar Love (Golden Earring), I Want Candy (Bow Wow Wow), Tainted Love (Soft Cell), Pop Muzik (M), Goody Two Shoes (Adam Ant), I Know What Boys Like (The Waitresses), I Want To Be Sedated (The Ramones), Sheena is a Punk Rocker (The Ramones), Add It Up (Violent Femmes), Blister In the Sun (Violent Femmes). And also I Will Survive (Gloria Gaynor) and It's Raining Men (The Weather Girls).

Yeah, pretty much I'm an easy target for dancing, tapping my feet, and singing in public.

Tattoos: yes or no? Do you have any? Tell us! Do you think they're gross? TELL US!
Definitely pro-tattoo, but don't have one. I have thought about it, but haven't found the right thing. (Yeah, mom, I know, but you threatening to disown me if I get a tattoo just doesn't carry the same weight as it used to.)

When's the last time you laughed so hard your ribs ached and/or you nearly peed yourself? What made you do it?
Probably Last Saturday Knitting. Crazy ladies...all of 'em!

Draw or doodle a picture of your pet(s) and post it if possible. Nothing fancy, don't be shy!
Since I don't draw much, I commissioned art from the local talent. First, Mollie Dog (left) and Kitty Chai (right) as seen by Bug:

Next, the other wild life, captured by Bean (from left to right: Jack*, Bean, Bug, Beeb):

*Jack is Bean's brother. I'm thinking that I don't have to worry about using his real name on the blog. He's invisible, so it isn't like a perv could approach him, right?

Go through a stack or box of your old music. Stuff that you may not have heard in years. Pick one and tell us about it. Is it as good (or as bad) as you remember?
I have always had eclectic enough taste that there always something to be embarrassed about, as well as some really good stuff. Since I don't have a physical stack that I can get to, I'll pick a couple that jump to mind. In the category of "Oh, for the love of wool, did I really listen to that": Michael Jackson (Thriller era), everything Air Supply (dude, they totally spoke to me in my teenage years, *gag*, *barf*, pardon me while I Clorox my ears and brain).

Do you still sleep with a stuffed animal? We won't laugh!
Nope, I quit sleeping with blue bunny and my afghan when we got Mollie in 2001. (Not voluntarily. Oh! The carnage!) Now I sleep with anywhere between one and five warm fuzzies snuggled in. Beeb always, Bean, Bug, Mollie, and/or Chai if they wander in during the night. Kitty Daddy is in bed too, but he doesn't snuggle, except with Mollie.


Let's see, whom to tag? Whom to tag? How about Marianne, Deb, and anyone else who wants to play!

4 comments:

Marianne said...

HAHAHAH!!!!!

Seriously, Love all your answers, very enlightening! it also has me feeling somewhat... oooold. the music. you know. ah well.

I've been a pathetic blogger of late so I'm not making any promises... perhaps when the heat really cranks up around here I'll spend more time indoors? one can only hope. :^)

knottykitty said...

Oooooooh,noooooooo! I'm sorry, lovely Kittymommy, but I just can't do it! Answering questions will make my brain explode right now. Though I do have a valid 'get out of memes free' card so I'm properly excused, right?

Cindy G said...

Hmmmm, maybe we need to be thinking about a Last Saturday Tatoo?

Anonymous said...

Since I'm not a blogger, I guess you'll just have to put up with my answers here ;o)...and I will do the first three in order.

BOOK: Same as yours, "Eat, Pray, Love," which I rec'd for Christmas from J&S and which I did recommend and lend to a friend, who just returned it to me. I also love Barbara Kingsolver, with my most recent read of hers being "Animal Dreams."

FOOD: Sorry, but despite my very best effort to like them, since absolutely everyone else I know LOVES them...it's still olives.

SCARY MOVIE: "The Blob"...this will really date me since I saw it when I was little and have since grown up and gotten wise to the fact that I just do not like really scary movies.