18 October 2007

FO: Blanket Squares

Two small finished objects! Both were quick knits but SLOOOOW finishers. I am just too lame when it comes to weaving in ends. I have had the knitting done since before Beeb was born and I finally took the whole two minutes (no joke) to weave in the ends today. I swear I am going to take them to the post office tomorrow! Please feel free to slap me around if I don't. Anyhoo, will be shipping them off to Ms. K for the Miner's Blankets she is assembling.

Specifications
Yarn: Paton's Soy Wool Stripes (Natural Berry, left and Natural Blue, right)
Needles: KnitPicks Options, size 8
Pattern: Seat of the pants log cabin block for Berry block, mitered square (based on pattern for blocks in New Knits on the Block)
Verdict: Love SWS! A soft cushy yarn to knit with, a neat lady organizing the project, and a good cause. What's not to love??

As long as I caught a brief ray of sunshine to get the blanket block pics, I tried to capture the gorgeous roving I got last weekend. I have a little assistant helping me to keep the ball from rolling away in the wind. Even with the sun, the picture really doesn't do the colors justice. Plus you can't see the green and blue sparkly synthetic fibers that are mixed in. I guess you're just going to have to take my word for how purdy it is...

3 comments:

Marianne said...

Oh, I can SEE how pretty that big ball of roving is! Good score!
Your squares are GREAT! so... I'm taking mine to the post office tomorrow, how's about if neither one of us gets there... we get to have a little slap fest?
Seriously, I will get mine posted off because I've been working my way there all.week. no kidding.

Anonymous said...

Very pretty big blue marble, I mean, ball...but your small assistant's little hands are the best part of the picture!

Anonymous said...

Oooh, oooh, are those tiny bare toes I see, too? ;o)