16 November 2006

We're back...

Sorry for the long hiatus, but sometimes life happens. Combine that with some unresolved guilt for having old pix that haven't been posted, and well, you know...

I haven't been completely away from the blog, even though I haven't been posting, I am still working on moving the posts from my knitting blog over. I only have a dozen or so left and then I will be unified into a single blog!

This morning we went for a walk and then spent a few minutes at close park. It is a brisk day...36.5°F right now, according to Weather Underground. When we went to the park on Tuesday, the weather was similar and mom ended up carrying all the hats, gloves, and mittens, so we tried just winter coats (Don't look at me like that...they both have hoods and the jackets are on the big side so hands can be turtled up into the sleeves...it's not like I sent 'em out nekkid. Really.), but everyone was pretty chilly by the time we got home. So we all had some hot cocoa and are now piled in the recliner with one big blanket over everyone and nummies for all comers. All in all, not a bad way to be on a cold, cloudy November day! Of course, having two hands to type would make my life easier, but it is pretty cozy, so I'm not complaining!

Still no Kitty Chai, but we are checking weekly at the animal shelter (cats are held for seven days before being adoptable) and aren't giving up hope. Mama misses her princess...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brrr...our weather has finally shifted out of the cold-rain-and-wind mode, so it was actually pleasant to be out running errands here today...and no rain forecast(well, maybe, a shower here and there) until Sunday!

I'm currently typing with two hands (unlike you), but with the keyboard sitting on my lap (and it's not a laptop). We're in the process of moving said computer and have to make a pullout shelf upon which to park the keyboard. My old mousepad (from a Rapid City art gallery) finally wore out, so I now have a new one...with two black and brown Corky puppies on it...sooo cute.