23 November 2006

Happy Thanksgiving!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving, lots of yummy dinner, and much to be thankful for! We had a nice dinner with turkey and all the trimmings and a nice visit with Kitty Daddy's dad and half-sister. The pies were not the prettiest pies I have ever seen, but they tasted good and, dang it, I never once claimed to be Martha Stewart! Here are the pies:


I think the pumpkin pie recipe was for a smaller pie plate. It was pretty shallow. It looked fine when I took it out of the oven yesterday, but it deflated. Oh well, I would take yummy, ugly food over pretty, tasteless food any day of the week and twice on Thanksgiving!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the pies look good, and I'll bet no one commented on their looks in the first place, and especilly after they tasted them.

We had a nice dinner, also with two desserts...pumpkin pie and vegan pumpkin cheesecake. Also had both regular and vegetarian turkey, dressing, and gravy...all of it very good. Wish we could have all been together.