29 November 2006

Oh man...

If you heard a panicked shriek sometime this morning, that would have been me. The kids and I had been having a quiet morning, since we are all still sniffling a little from our colds. The typical...coloring with crayons, watching videos, mom sneaking in a bit of knitting here and there...

At one point, I looked up and saw Bean waving a knitting needle. I thought to myself, "Hmmm, must have fallen off the piano or cabinet or whereever I put my knitting last." Because, of course, I know to keep WIPs out of little ones' reach. As I walked over to grab my needle before someone gets stabbed, it dawns on me that she is brandishing not one, but two needles. Uh-oh, my knitting life flashes before my eyes as I realize that I had left my Candle Flame lace on the sofa!!! Fortunately, Bean hadn't grabbed any of the yarn and the needle came out cleanly with almost no ravelling:

So I put the pile up VERY high until nap time, which was spent fiddling stitches back on to the needles and picking up dropped stitches and yarn overs. Man, knitting at nap time is supposed to be my downtime, not the most stressful part of my day!! Fortunately, everything is back where it should be and I have added another couple of rows as well. I am getting close to the end of the (lucky) 13th repeat, so only two more repeats after that. The end is in sight (if I don't have to fiddle anymore).

0 comments: