06 September 2006

Geeky

Bean is at the age where her vocabulary is rapidly expanding, but her mouth motor skills are not quite keeping up. I remember when Bug went through this phase. He used several different words that all ended up sounding the same. I can't think of a good example off the top of my head, but now Bean is doing it. "Stinky," "Blankie," "Kitty," and "Diapey" all come out sounding like "Geeky," which just cracks me up! I'm not 100% sure that she is actually trying to say diaper, since she is usually poopy when she is "Geeky" and needs a diaper change, so she might be saying "stinky."

With Bug, I have found a BAD application of symbiosis. We bought a bag of Malt-O-Meal's equivilent to Lucky Charms for snacking. My totally anal retentive way of eating them is to eat all of the oaty pieces first so I can gorge on the marshmallows at the end. It turns out that Bug picks out the marshmallows and leaves the oaty pieces. Yesterday, we each had a cup and did our thing, but when the marshmallows were gone, Bug gave his cup to me, and when I wasn't looking, helped himself to my cup. I didn't get ANY marshmallows. Alas. The sacrifices we make for our children. LOL

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's interesting to note that children generally do the things they like best first (i.e., eating the marshmallows), while adults tend to leave the best for last (once again, the marshmallows). I think it's called delayed gratification, but in this case, it turned out to be permanently delayed gratification...for the adult...so sad :o(