01 July 2008

Busy spinning month!

During June, knitting has taken a bit of a backseat to spinning. Apparently, spinning is another good way to help *unwind* (snerk). Corny jokes aside, I have been feeling more "in control" of things when I'm spinning, except for still occasionally sending the spindle flying through the air, so things are going a bit faster, too.

Spin My Spindle
June 2008
Activity: SpinningPlying
SpinningPlying
SpinningSpinning
Fiber: CorriedaleCorriedaleAlpacaAlpacaViscoseTarghee
Spindle: Homemade/
Ashford
AshfordAshfordAshfordTurkishSchacht
Amount: 75 grams
109 grams
288 yards
23 grams62 grams
188 yards
5 grams10 grams

The viscose fiber continues to be the bane of my existence, but fortunately, there are only a few grams left, so I am hoping to use the Mountain Colors Targhee top to bribe myself to get it finished up. The Targhee is spinning up like a dream. The colors are just gorgeous and I am easily amused watching the color transitions.

With a couple more finished skeins, I have been thinking more about knitting up handspun. I am planning a shawl with the two shades of alpaca. I am thinking a fairly simple garter stitch kind of thing to show off the yarn. I have been thinking about a hairband kind of thingy for the Merino-Rayon blend (something along these lines). For the colorful Targhee, I think I will finally cave and give in to a viral knit: Clapotis (yeah, maybe THE viral knit...6514 projects on Ravelry!).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

With all the spinning you have been doing, you could be a "Whirling Dervish"...although, technically, that's whirling, not spinning, I guess.

I followed your link to see what a "clapotis" was and found I remembered enough high school French to translate the compound sentence on that page. C'est tres bon!

YarnThrower said...

I am so out of it... I just noticed your new blog header, and I love it!! That is a cute headband pattern...