19 June 2008

FO: Chocolate Alpaca

I finished up my chocolate alpaca yesterday! It is 60 grams (about 2 ounces) and I ended up with 188 yards...my thinnest yet! Like the white alpaca, it is a two ply. The two skeins of alpaca together will definitely be a shawl of some sort. For now, they will continue to be pets to cuddle and love.

We've been busy with summer fun. This week, we have spent an afternoon at the park playing in the sand, a trip to the local botanical garden, a quick trip to close park, and LOTS of running around in the back yard. This afternoon is farmers' market and maybe a couple other errands!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yarn looks yummy!

Glad to hear you're enjoying the outdoors a lot now that being outdoors has finally gotten to the enjoyable stage.

Cindy G said...

Oooh, pretty! And it looks to soft.

dale-harriet said...

That IS some luscious yarn - gee, seems like everyone is spinning but me (but NOPE! that'll be in my next life, where I also take up quilting and raquetball). By the way, I'm entirely and completely smitten with Beeb (which I'm sure is no surprise to you).

Marianne said...

That's some seriously beautiful yarn you've spun!

Molly Bee said...

Gorgeous! I'm jealous of how even you can get it on the hand spindle!!

Lisa said...

Lovely yarn!

YarnThrower said...

I'm finally catching up on reading some blogs.... I get started, and then think I'm spending too much time on the computer, so I go study some more, lose track of where I was reading the blogs, etc... Anyway, it sounds like you are having a nice summer filled with fun activity! We joined a CSA (Vermont Valley) one summer a couple of years ago, but dh wasn't a big fan of the swiss chard, so now we try to frequent the farmers' markets to buy the stuff that we enjoy more...but I really liked the CSA because it forced me to try stuff I otherwise wouldn't have even touched. Radish soup sounds interesting, but I'll take mine without the toaster, thank you. :-)