02 June 2008

FO: Baby Stuff!

I finally get to reveal the mystery knits! I made some baby stuff for the little girl that will be joining these two in about six weeks.

This is my baby brother and his lovely wife. Can you just imagine how stinkin' cute this little gal is going to be?? The knits are the Mason-Dixon one-piece baby kimono, Bunny Blanket Buddy, and my old stand-by knit from the top down hat.

Specifications
Pattern: Baby Kimono from Mason-Dixon Knitting.
Yarn: Blue Sky Organic Cotton, Bernat CottonTots for Trim
Needles: KnitPicks Options, size 7
Mods: Used stockinette instead of the ubiquitous M-D garter stitch, used yo instead of m1 for increases, also added a crochet edging and made crocheted ties instead of using ribbons.

Pattern: Bunny Blanket Buddy from Lion Brand Yarn.
Yarn: Bernat CottonTots
Needles: KnitPicks Options, size 7

Pattern: Easy Knit-from-the-Top-Down Hat from Knitting for Dummies
Yarn: Blue Sky Organic Cotton, Bernat CottonTots for Trim
Needles: KnitPicks Options, size 7
Mods: Stockinette with ribbed contrast brim

It was also a busy spinning month. I have definitely found a better spinning groove! It's going faster, though there is still a bit of a trade off between speed and consistency of the single. Since things keep wanting to go thinner and thinner, my next goal is to try and work on getting thicker again, but obviously not until I get something new on the spindle!

Spin My Spindle
May 2008

Fiber: CorriedaleChocolate
Alpaca
Viscose
Spindle: HomemadeAshford Turkish
Amount: 24 grams
39 grams
4 grams

In addition, I wound off 29 g of Corriedale and 30 g of Chocolate Alpaca on to toilet paper roll bobbins.

5 comments:

Marianne said...

Yep, I agree, that baby girl is going to be Gorgeous! AND well dressed :^)

Anonymous said...

Yes, she is destined to be another beautiful grandchild (joining the ranks of the three beautiful grandchildren we already have)...and she's going to be even more adorable in her auntie-hand-knit outfit!

Cindy G said...

Oh that baby set is soooo cute! What fun to have a really little one to knit for.

YarnThrower said...

WOW -- a baby gift made and mailed six weeks **before** the baby is expected to be born. You are amazing! It's an adorable set!

Molly Bee said...

OMG! That outfit is adorable. I want to hang it from my rear view mirror! Too cute for words! Is that why you didn't show it on Saturday? Because you saw me try to steal Cindy's shawl and didn't think it would be safe?