15 May 2007

Oh Namma...

I talked to my parents on the phone today and they were (surprise, surprise) getting ready to go to Taco Bell for lunch. As an aside, this is not a huge surprise as Taco Bell is a VERY regular lunch spot for my parents. We joke about how TB will go out of business if they skip a couple of days. They always order the same thing, so when the employees see them coming, they put in the order so it is waiting for them when Dad walks up to order. His comeback is to have the correct change ready to hand to them when he walks up. Clearly, some of my oddities are genetic...at least I come by it honestly.

Anyhoo, when they said they were going to Taco Bell, Bean was on my lap so I told them that her two favorite places right now were Burger King and Taco Bell and she obliged me by saying both for grandma and grandpa. We all chuckled over her cute pronunciations and that was about the end of the conversation. So after I got off the phone, Bug perked right up and asked if we were going to Taco Bell for lunch. I tried to explain that grandma and grandpa were going and not us, but then he wanted to go and meet them for lunch. I told him 2000 miles was a bit much for just lunch, but that we could go to Taco Bell with grandma and grandpa in a couple of weeks when we visit. By now, Bean is piping up with "Go Taco Beh-yo" so I finally gave into the inevitable, embraced the rainy day and we all went out for lunch.

When we got out to the van, Bean started prancing around in the rain like a little colt. She was having such a good time, that I promised her some rainy play time after lunch. So after lunch the kids ran around in the rain and jumped in puddles. Not surprisingly, Bean managed to find the one dinky mud puddle in the whole paved area. However, they had a blast and got thoroughly soaked and definitely didn't want to come inside again, but Mama was starting to get thoroughly chilled. Even Little Brother thought it looked like a good time and was dancing and kicking (or maybe that was just the Pepsi Mama had for lunch...). So they finally came in looking like this:


Mama stripped them both to their birthday suits in the front hall and sent them up to the bathtub and dumped the clothes in the washing machine. Let me tell you, that water was pretty nasty by the time they came out! But they were back to clean and dry in no time! Bean sure took a good nap...guess who is going to be up partying all night tonight...

5 comments:

knottykitty said...

Hi Kitty Mommy! You've been tagged! Check my blog :)

Marianne said...

Ha ha ha, ooohhhh what fun! I always let my kids play and dance in the rain, stomp through the mud puddles...and now I let the GKs do the same, if it's warmer weather I tend to strip them down to their skivvies and just let them have at it!
You're such a good Mommy!

I also hope Bean went to bed *and* to sleep at a reasonable hour ;^)
(I can't wait to show Gracie this photo tomorrow!)

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to have go to lunch at TB with Bean and Bug...and the rest of you can come too! Maybe we can even play in the rain afterwards, although we're hoping for sunshine when you all visit.

P.S. Today we did lunch at TB with B&B's great-grandma, who is also a TB fan.

Knittymama said...

Nothing like a good romp in the rain!!!

I have bad memories of Taco Bell. I practically live there in college, trying to come up with 69 cents for a burrito for supper. Glad those days are over!

Marianne said...

Yes, too bad they don't have those 'teleporters' up and running, we'd all have a good time of it.
When Gracie is over I try and find the blogs with photos of the little ones but Bean and Bug have definitely won her attentions over and above all the others, most likely because she can relate to this particular kind of 'fun', isn't this just an amazing world they're growing up in...