28 August 2008

Stick a fork in me...

...I am done. Done as in "done in," but fortunately also done as in we only have one apartment and no external storage shed. My feet and I are no longer on speaking terms, my arms are pretty much cooked spaghetti, my shoulder has declared its intention to secede from my body if I even look at a carpet shampooer, and my bruises have their own bruises. There is still a LOT of putting away and organizing left, but we turned in our keys to the old place this afternoon, so at least the deadlines have been met. More to come...

8 comments:

Molly Bee said...

Yay! Congrats on getting all moved in. Now rest up for round two! See you Saturday!

Elizabeth said...

Moving is hell! I hope we'll see you on Saturday.

Marianne said...

Congratulations for surviving! egads I hates moving!

dale-harriet said...

MAZEL TOV! That's a tall hedgerow passed; now the settling-in can proceed apace on your terms. "Man does not live by bread alone" (which is pretty irrelevant here, but as close to "you gotta take YOU time still, you know...so will we see you Saturday?")

Cindy G said...

Congrats! Moving it a huge pain. And I've never had to do it with three small children. The one saving grace (aside from having a new place, that is) is that it finally forces me to get rid of some of the junk. I still always haul too much, but not as much much, if you know what I mean.

Anonymous said...

You did good!...and two days ahead of your deadline even! Now stop and take a deep breath and maybe walk around some boxes on your way to a lay-down...or at the least, a sit-down. Bodies really do need to rest and refuel at some point. Do you think you might be able to convince the littles of this?

YarnThrower said...

Phew - What a relief!! and YAY!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

We were actually in Madison visiitng the other day but I knew you were crazy, crazy busy with the move.

We will be up there again next month, maybe we can get together at the Children's Museum.