06 September 2007

A Finished Object!

And, if I do say so myself, this one turned out pretty cute! But first, a progress photo from 6 days before "casting off":

Not quite so cute yet, but it did lead to this picture of Bean showing off her "Beebee Bruddah" belly:

And, why yes, those are Hello Kitty underpants peeking out from her shorts. She has been peeing in the potty on and off and wearing underpants on some days and diapers on others (which she can take off to pee on the potty if she decides to). We have been letting her completely take the lead for now (for obvious reasons).

Anyway, on Monday (why, yes it REALLY was Labor Day), we got to meet this little fella:

He arrived a 6:27 pm on Monday 9/3, weighing in a 7 lb, 8 oz and measuring 20 inches. Both Bug and Bean are quite taken by Baby Brother. When Bean was born, Bug took one look at his new little sister, wasn't too impressed, grabbed me by the hand and conveyed in 22-month-old Bug-speak that we could leave the newbie, but it was time for Mama to come home. In contrast, Bean was quite insistent that we bring Baby Brother home!

His own web-page is right here. The password is my last name.

5 comments:

Marianne said...

Your baby belly is Beautiful!
I just read the comment you left at my blog...I'm such an idiot, there were bells going off in my head and sure enough, I whapped myself in the forehead and scooted over here pronto!
Happy Happy Birth Day! To the whole Family! Baby Brother is SO beautiful...welcome to the world little man, may you walk in the light of the sun and moon, may your days and nights be filled with dreams come true, you know, all that good stuff..forever.

And yes, 3 Sept is a great day for a birth day!

(good call on the potty issue with Bean...you are such a smart Kitty Mommy)

How are you feeling?

ACK!!! I don't KNOW your last name! do I?

Alison said...

Congrats! He's lovely.

knottykitty said...

Congratulations! He's absolutely gorgeous!! Labor Day--very funny! So now you have a "Bug" and a "Bean" and a ...? Hmmmm. What will baby brother's name be?

Anonymous said...

He is such a perfectly beautiful little boy. I can't wait to meet him in person. Give him a special love from both of us.

Have you decided on his a "nom-de-blog" yet? (I know, I know, you've probably had enough name-picking-out stress this week.) ;o)

Anonymous said...

He is beautiful! Congratulations.