26 July 2007

No tan lines for you!

The heat and humidity have been gradually creeping up, which means my general will to live have been gradually sagging down, so I haven't blogged even though we have been doing some fun things. We'll go backwards...

Yesterday was pretty quiet except for a quick dip in the apartment swimming pool to try and cool off. We were mostly recovering from our Tuesday play date. Okay, actually, it was just me recovering...

On Tuesday, we went to a play date with a friend of mine who was taking care of her three-year-old niece for the day (aka "Mommy's bren with the little knees"...it took me the longest time to figure out why Bug was fixating on her knees...duh, niece!) We walked to their "close park" and played for a while and then played in the little plastic kiddy pool in her yard. For my little water sprites, it was heaven. When we got back from the park, Bug jumped in fully dressed, so I managed to rescue his clothes so they could lie in the sun to dry and let him play in his already soaked underpants. I managed to get Bean down to her diaper, but as I turned to grab the diaper bag and get out a swim diaper, she was already out of her diaper and in the pool. As long as my friend and her neighbors weren't offended by the nudist, I just shrugged and gave it up as a lost cause. Bean had a ball. Since then, when we get dressed in the morning, as soon as I get her jammies and diaper off, she announces "I bwee! (I'm free)." She is a little lady who loves her nakies! The good news is that we didn't wind up with a sun-burned butt. I obviously didn't think to put any sunscreen there before we went!

On Sunday, we went to Greek Fest at the local Greek Orthodox Church. Lots of very yummy food...both Kitty Daddy and I are big Greek food fans! And very decadent pastries (including baklava) for dessert! They also had live music and dance demonstrations. We fully expected Bean to be letting her inner Zorba out, but she must have been tired, because she mostly zoned out rather than shaking her groove thing.

On Saturday, we drove to Milwaukee to visit Kitty Daddy's dad. It was a pretty low key road trip...we just drove over, grabbed some lunch together and then spent some time at a neighborhood park. We had toyed with going to either the Milwaukee zoo or the Waukesha county fair, but between admission and parking, we decided it wasn't worth it with two littles with short attention spans and one waddling mama who doesn't like to be on her feet very long. We ended up having a very nice time at the park. The kids played with Grandpa and thought it was a great tragedy when we had to leave!

Mama and Little Brother have been having some differences in opinion over real estate. After some negotiations, we came to an agreement that my stomach is his, as well as my bladder. I get uninterrupted access to my fingers and toes. After getting that settled, apparently he has invited an invisible friend to live with him as he has been spending all of his time completely to the right of my belly button. If I don't concentrate, I tend to walk in circles from being lopsided. Less than two months to go...seven and a half weeks based on due date, but I'm trying not to get too hung up on that as Bug was early and Bean was late...

2 comments:

knottykitty said...

Don't ya wish you could still go swimming naked in the kiddie pool? Every time I see one, I forget I'm grown for a moment and want to jump in! (Unfortunately, I then realize that if I did so, all the water would jump out!)

I'm drooling over the thought of going to that Greek festival! LOVE Greek food! When we visited Toronto, got to go to "Greek Town"--hubby couldn't get me to leave! :)

Maybe little brother will switch sides occasionally so you can circle around the other way....

Anonymous said...

So what you're saying is that Bean would be very much at home at a nude beach...now all she has to do is convince some adults in her life into accompanying her...;o)

I always chuckle at Bug and Bean's pronunciations, i.e., "bren's little knees" and "I bweee"!

Yes, I've been noticing that your temps have been creeping up each day...RATS!...'cause mommies who walk in circles need all the help they can get in terms of comfort. (Do you suppose "Little Brother" will be one of those kids whose foot you should nail to the floor so that he can only run in circles?...the similarity between your situation [walking in circles] and your dad's oft-quoted disciplinary advice made me chuckle.)

At any rate, it sounds like you had a fun-filled weekend and play date.