09 April 2010

Sheepies, Tie-dye, and a little gratuitous yarn pr0n

Camera Card

First, a better picture to clarify the whole nekkid sheep thing.  This is Mrs. Shearling, with wool (L) and au naturel (R).  There is also a new addition to the flock:

100_2350

I would like to introduce Vegetarian Sheep.  I didn’t have my black yarn at Late Night last week, so he didn’t get a face right away, but I have since decided to keep this way and name him Vegetarian Sheep.  He is a special little guy made just for those vegetarians who love the great taste of mutton, but refuse to eat anything with a face.  And a group picture of the whole flock:

100_2351

Abrupt change of subject…

Miss Bean got a tie-dye kit from the Easter bunny, so she and I tied and dyed this week.  She had a pack of five T-shirts and we did all five.  All three kids wore them yesterday and again today (the one Beeb is wearing is on it’s second day, but he has another one underneath, so we are treating it as an accessory)

100_2345

She had a great time doing them and is already hankering for more tie-dye.  I have a feeling that an order from Dharma Trading may be in our future.

And last, but not least, Bean and I had our weekly girl-time at the Sow’s Ear last weekend.  They had eggs (with discounts AND chocolate) hidden around the store and we spent a pleasant afternoon knitting (me) and drawing pictures (her) with a couple other of our “girls,” Dale-Harriet and MollyBees.  Between the discount and my accumulated loyalty points, these little lovelies came home with me

100_2352

100_2353

I have a super-secret stealth project in mind for the light brown, but the green will just be a pet for the time being.  Both are Malabrigo worsted and VERY soft and cuddly

2 comments:

Namma said...

Me thinks your yarns are much like your sheep...they just follow you home. ;o) The sheepses are too cute!

I love the colors in the tie-dye shirts that Miss Bean made. What's really great about wearing tie-dye when you're an artiste is that the any slips from paints, markers, etc. just blend right in with all the colors on your shirt...and if art isn't your passion, tie-dye covers up food, Kool-Aid, ice cream, etc. stains, too.

Cindy G said...

Well, darn, from the title I was expecting a tye-dyed sheep.