04 March 2008

FO: Princess Dress


Specifications
Yarn: Lion Brand Glitterspun (Ruby and Gold)
Needles: Denise Interchangeables sizes 10½ and 9
Pattern: Princess Buttercup Fancy Dress by Candi Jensen (New Knits on the Block)
Mods: The pattern directions didn't match the pictures for the back of the bodice, so I winged it. Also, skirt part of dress is probably a pretty loose interpretation of the pattern.
Verdict: Bean LOVES it! No big surprise there. I wish I could have gotten a better picture, but apparently I couldn't have more than two of: (1) stand still; (2) don't grab the skirt and make it bunchy; (3) both feet on the floor); (4) look at me; and (5) smile. Hopefully, I'll have better luck getting a pic of the whole ensemble once the hat is felted.

The hat is done except for felting, which I am saving until I finish the strap for my felted purse, so I can do them together.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a bee-yoo-tee-full princess...in a princess dress, to boot! And I can't get over how grown-up Missy Bean looks in the first picture...

Marianne said...

Again, I'm with namma here, stunning and beautiful little princess and hey, so is the dress!

btw, that's some bright yarn! :^)

YarnThrower said...

What an adorable dress! (This is something I miss, having two boys.) So cute!

Molly Bee said...

OMGosh! A dress fit for a queen....I mean princess. What a cutie patootie! Way to go Mom!

Cloudberry said...

Beautiful - both of them :)

Marianne said...

HAHAH.... I just read your comment at Norma's.... sadly :^) not everyone can eat raisins and it doesn't hurt the cake a bit not having them in there!
XOX