23 August 2007

Farmer's Market Supper

Although we haven't been visiting Farmer's Market as regularly as last year, due to the combination of weather and Mama's will to live waxing and waning hourly, I have started trying to do Farmer's Market supper on Thursday night when we do go. Last week, we bought some zucchini, green pepper, onion, and garlic and made a stir fry with a little bit of beef we had had hanging out in the freezer (you know the type...too much to throw away, not really enough to make a main course). This week, we decided go with scrambled eggs and toast. I got the eggs from one of my local fiber pushers (I got my drop spindle at one of the events she holds at her farm last fall) and yes, two of those eggs are green! She only gets a few green ones, but she found a box with two since the kids were delighted by green eggs! Ummmm...I'm drooling for dinner already! We also sprang for a bag of squeaky cheese curds to eat with our supper. After all, this IS Wisconsin.

While we had our Farmer's Market treat (cookies and/or bars from the same place we got our bread from), Bean built a "snowman" out of the bark chips on the ground. Clearly, she has the polar bear genes that dominate her maternal line! Further confirmation is that after we got home, she announced in very somber tones that her snowman had "burned down." I'm thinking the two of us just need to set up residence in the frozen foods aisle of the local grocery store and be done with it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooh, what a lovely supper menu from Farmer's Market. Are those pretty colored (green) eggs from Aracana chickens? (I only know about the source of green- and blue-shelled eggs from Martha Stewart ;o})

Bean's affinity for all things cold certainly does come from her maternal line...altho I'm not sure how the fact that she wants to don her winter coat during the dog days of August fit into the picture!

Marianne said...

Namma, it must be very wishful thinking on Bean's part...wearing her winter coat in August...

Beautiful bounty from the market, when I saw it I thought, YUM omelettes!

earthchick said...

Yummmmm. I don't make it to the Farmer's Market these days as much as I'd like, but your post is making me wish I was there today!

Thanks for stopping by my blog! (and so sorry for the loss of your kitty man - I read about it below. so sad to lose a precious pet - hugs to you)

denise said...

Hi! I love finding other local mama blogs to read. :) Yay!