30 April 2013

Diva's Weekly Challenge #116


This week's challenge is called "Blind Sighted" and challenges us to use a blind string...just what it sounds like.  Put the pencil on a border, close eyes, and draw a string.  Once of the advantages of using my little sketchbook instead of a regular tile is that it was pretty obvious when I just about to run into the spiral binding or when I went lurching over the edge of the cliff page.  I tried to experiment with a little more white space than I usually have, but I felt like it still needed something:


So I tried tangling the stems of the Zingers:


I think it was my inability to draw parallel lines for the stems that was bugging me, but I kind of like the tangled stems, so we'll go with that.  Since I tend to get bogged down looking at a blank frame, the blind string made that part a little easier, so a fun challenge!  Thanks, Diva!

9 comments:

Namma said...

Maybe you should have studied art, too, when you were Klara's age???

Tangles and More said...

Like your tangled Zingers. The striping and verve look great also.

Linda Selymes said...

The result of both versions are great. Love those tangled zinger strings, though.

katrina said...

Ilove your Zingers, very bold

Tangle Bright said...

Love your open spaces! Nice balance, too. All together pretty.

Be happy :)

Jacque Solomon
www.tanglebright.com

Unknown said...

Very nice piece! I thought the first was great but the tangled stems just made it perfect. Love the negative space too.

Molly Bee said...

Awesome work Grasshopper!

Daniele OBrien Design, CZT said...

I love your tangled Zinger stems. This is so lovely and open. Nice work!

Anne's tangle blog said...

A beautiful tile and what a brilliant idea you had with Zinger.